2016 details coming in February!
RIDER! presents the
Café to Café Grand Tour 2015
Ride to Eat – Eat to Ride
Do you enjoy long rides on scenic roads and great
food along the way? If so, you’re gonna love the Café to Café Grand
Cafe to Cafe is an annual grand tour
of 15 restaurants in the Pacific Northwest. The restaurants, a.k.a. "targets"
change each year. Riders are provided a list of the 15 restaurants and
may ride to each one anytime they like between March 1st and
September 30th (spring & summer). Once there, all that's needed is a
photo of the rider with their bike and signage in the background identifying
the location. You'll email your photos in as per the guidelines in
your registration package.
completing the entire list of 15 locations are awarded a special, customized certificate to certify their bragging rights. Dining at the locations
earn riders bonus points toward special prizes that are passed out
during the annual awards banquet held each October at Cafe Veloce in
Kirkland, Washington. You'll send your bonus point receipts to us in
September through the US Mail.
Photos above and below: Ride it solo, or enjoy it two-up with your partner.
Included in the list of 15 restaurants
are details about nearby roads and scenery worth a ride and/or look
while riding in the area. While not necessary, these tips make the
ride that much more worthwhile.
ANYONE with a street legal motorcycle, motorcycle endorsement and insurance specific to their bike (required by Oregon and Idaho state law) can participate in the Cafe to Cafe Grand Tour. Over the years hundreds of individuals have participated. Many do it solo, but the event can make for good competition internally among members within riding clubs that enjoy high mileage adventure and fun road games. The tour is also a favorite with riders participating in other grand tours at the same time.
To play, simply register online using the
link below. Once your registration is received you will be sent a
number card via US Mail and the list of this year's restaurants. If you're
participating in other Sound RIDER! events this year, these locations
are noted by event so you can hit them while on the route. Always be
sure to read the updates below before each ride as they change often.
As always, the food is good along the way,
fabulous in most cases, and the riding can't be beat. Here's a few
highlights from this year's tour.
The tour this year visits five states and one Canadian province. Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, California and lower British Columbia all have featured locations.
- One the cafe's this year is floating on a lake.
- You like BBQ? Some say this Idaho joint is better than anything Kansas City or Austin can churn out. We'd have to agree.
- There's lots of patio dining available this year. One such patio is next to the farm where many of the greens served are grown. Another features heated booth seats in case it's a tad chilly.
- Several locations are near the BMW MOA National Rally.
- Several are close to the Rally in the Gorge, Road Trip: California and Sasquatch Dual Sport Adventure Tour events.
- One restaurant is inside a historic B&B on the coast. An overnight stay is not required to dine there.
- There are a number of older and historic locations on this years Grand Tour including the oldest continually functioning restaurant west of the Mississippi.
- Reese Witherspoon got lucky near two locations.
- Steak, prime rib, chicken, seafood, great greens and more abound!
The Cafe to Cafe Grand Tour. Ride to Eat,
Eat to Ride and so much more!
places that I wouldn't have gone to on my own." - Doug Ellett #10068
"Where do you find out about these fantastic places? The food is awesome
and the roads are great!" - Brian Lipscy #10055
"No better reason to ride!" - James Kingsley #14066
NEWS & UPDATES
Take advantage of these discounts
while you're at these locations. You must present your Cafe to
Cafe card at time of service:
#09 is offereing you a free coffee or soda with your meal, courtesy of Moon and her staff.
#14 is offereing a free non-alcoholic beverage with your food purchase, courtesy of owners Matt & Maren.
#15 is offereing you a free coffee or soda with your meal, courtesy of owners Andy & Cheri.
Be sure to check back for updates on discounts prior to riding and print out the latest as a backup for staff when you arrive.
- 10/3 - The standings have been updated - click here
- 6/2 - Two cafe updates, #1 & #15, (formerly The Farm Table and Bear Creek Cafe respectively). 15001-15029 were emailed the new cafe's in March. 15030 and onward should see the new cafe's included on their current ride sheet. If not contact us.
- 5/27 - Standings through 5/27 can be viewed now - click here.
- 4/20 - Player #15042, Robert Newcomer tried to make a visit to #11 the other day and was advised they are under remodel until mid-May. You can still take your photo out front, but if you’re playing for bonus points, you’ll have to wait until they reopen.
- 3/28 - Got a few discounts today! More on the way. Also, signups have exceeded last year's number and we're not even a month into this. Thanks everyone and feel free to encourage others to play - Everyone can be a winner!
- 3/27 - Wow, Terry's food picture from #15 (shown above) is a big hit on the social media side. Players, feel free to send us your food pictures as well as your offical pics and we'll share them to the masses.
- 3/9 - IMPORTANT - The bonus location has closed. You may visit any location you desire within one mile to score your points. The location directly across the street is recommended. This has been updated in packages sent to 15063 and beyond.
- 3/2 - We are well ahead of last year's registrations to date. Thanks to those who have shared the site with others so they can play along and enjoy as well!
- 2/27 - Pre-ordered registration packages have shipped.
- 2/25 - We are getting the packets ready with locations and playing cards. If you pre-registered, yours will ship 2/27.
"Thanks for putting this on.
I have been on lots of these types of photo tours in the past but this
is the first one that my wife has been excited about accompanying me on.
We won't likely make it to all of them but we'll sure have fun getting
to the ones we can."
Tim Watts - Cafe to
Cafe participant #9029